Friends of the Israel Defense Forces (FIDF) is a non-political, non-military organization that provides for wellbeing of the soldiers of the Israel Defense Forces (IDF), veterans and family members. They are the single organization authorized to collect charitable donations on behalf of the IDF across the United States, as designated by Lt. Gen. Gadi Eisenkot, IDF Chief of the General Staff in March 2017 and by Lt. Gen. Aviv Kochavi, IDF Chief of the General Staff in February 2019 and April 2021.
A non-profit, non-governmental organization dedicated to prevention and assistance in emergencies and disasters, delivering hand-in-hand aid directly to those in need. Since 2005, they have been dedicated their efforts to rescue, humanitarian aid and disaster prevention worldwide. They act as humanitarian link for the World’s Jewish communities and work inspiring and activating people to be humanitarian with the aim of building a resilient, fair and equitable world for all.
Jewish family services
Jewish Family Service is a client-centered, impact-driven organization working to build a stronger, healthier, more resilient San Diego. Founded in 1918, we are one of San Diego’s most impactful non-profit human services agencies. Last year, we served more than 39,500 clients, including over 17,000 asylum seekers at the JFS Migrant Family Shelter.
United Hatzalah of Israel is the largest independent, non-profit, fully volunteer Emergency Medical Service organization that provides the fastest and free emergency medical first response throughout Israel. United Hatzalah’s service is available to all people regardless of race, religion, or national origin. United Hatzalah has more than 6,000 volunteers around the country, available around the clock – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Israel Institute of Technology
A science and technology research university, among the world’s top ten, dedicated to the creation of knowledge and the development of human capital and leadership, for the advancement of the State of Israel and all humanity.
The Lou Dunst Foundation provides Scholarships to
- The Technion - Israel Institute of Technology
- Friends of the IDF
- American Israel Education Foundation
- International March of the Living
- Weizmann Institute
- Ohr Shalom Synagogue
- Hillel of San Diego Jewish College Students
- San Diego Jewish Academy
- Soelle San Diego Hebrew Day School Holocaust Studies
- University of San Diego Veterans Scholarship
Providing help to needy people in Israel with the support of:
- Leket Israel
- P.E.F. Israel Endowment Fund for Holocaust Survivors
- Jewish Agency for Israel North American Council
- San Diego Jewish Community Foundation
- Ken Jewish Community
- Shield of David
- Stand with Us
- Ohr Shalom Synagogue
- Congregation Beth Jacob
- Congregation Beth El
- Coalition for a Safer Web
- The Butterfly Project
- Rady's Children Hospital of San Diego
- San Diego Food Bank
- Special Delivery San Diego
- Fundación Codet
- Adopt-a-Family Foundation
- US Mexico Border Philanthropy Partnership
- American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee/Ethiopia Medical
- San Diego Family Care Uninsured Patients
- Clarity Foundation for Needy People